Settings can be enabled to restrict duplicate transactions and/or refund transactions.
To setup Restriction, follow these steps:
- Select the Administration tab
- Select Terminals
- Select the terminal you want to adjust
- Choose Restrictions
- Enter the appropriate data for your needs (screenshot below)
- Click “Update”
- Duplicate Status – Used to enable or disable duplicate checking. Default is “Unrestricted”, which performs no checks.
- Duplicate Time (Minutes) – The time frame within which two or more duplicates are allowed to be detected. A five minute time value would detect duplicate transactions made four minutes apart, but ones made six minutes apart would not be detected for example.
- Maximum Duplicates – The amount of duplicate transactions that are allowed in the time frame. Typically this is set to zero.
- Refund Status – Used to enable or disable refund volume checking. Default is “Unrestricted”, which performs no checks.
- Maximum Refund Count – The number of refunds that may be processed in a given day.
- Maximum Refund Amount – The maximum dollar amount of a refund which is allowed to go through.
An example of a possible Restrictions configuration