This document outlines the procedures for setting up a Payment Page to submit Recurring transactions.
Payment Page Settings
The first step in setting up Recurring functionality for a Payment Page is to enable the Recurring payments setting for a Payment Page. To do this, log into the Hosted Checkout administration area, go to the "Payment Pages" area, and edit the Payment Page you'd like to set up.
Click the "Recurring" tab, then click on the checkbox to "Enable Recurring Payments" setting. You may also add your customer agreement text here.
Now, you'll want to make sure you have a Plan set up to use with your Payment Page. To do this, click the "Recurring" link while logged into the Hosted Checkout administration interface. You can create a new plan to use with your Payment Page or edit an existing one - just make sure the "Hosted Checkout" setting is enabled when adjusting the settings for your Plan.
HCO Plan ID
At this point you will need to retrieve the Plan's HCO Plan ID, which is a value required for use on the Payment Page form - this associates payments made through your Payment Page to the desired Plan. This value can be obtained under the "Recurring" area by clicking "All Plans", then by clicking your desired Plan name. The value will be visible at the top of the page under the heading "HCO Plan ID (x_recurring_billing_id)".
Finally, you'll need to set up your payment form to enable Recurring payments. In addition to the essential Payment Page fields, you'll need to add the following:
- x_recurring_billing_id - this field's value should be the HCO Plan ID from the previous step
- x_recurring_billing_amount - the amount that the customer should be charged on a recurring basis
- x_recurring_billing - should be set to TRUE to enable Recurring payments
- x_type - must NOT be AUTH_TOKEN or PURCHASE_TOKEN
These fields are optional:
- x_recurring_billing_start_date - the start date of the Recurring transaction (YYYY-MM-DD format)
- x_recurring_billing_end_date - the end date of the Recurring transaction (YYYY-MM-DD format)
Example payment form code:
Now that all of your settings have been adjusted and your payment form has been set up, you're ready to start creating Recurring payments through Hosted Checkout.