Users can process a transaction manually using the virtual Point-Of-Sale
Available Data Fields
- Select the Merchant Account and Terminal (if required): If you have more than one Merchant ID (MID), chose the one to use from the “Merchant” drop down box. If there is only one account, it is automatically selected for you. If you have more than one terminal, chose the terminal you want to use from the “Terminal” drop down box. Again, if there is only one terminal, it is automatically selected for you.|
- Transaction Type (required): Select a transaction type from the “Transaction Type” dropdown box. You can conduct Purchase, Pre-Authorization Completion, Void, Refund, Pre-Authorization, and Forced Post transactions within POS.
Order Amount and Cardholder info (required): Enter the cardholder information and order amount. The following characters will be stripped from the cardholder name field: ; ` " / % as well as -- (2 consecutive dashes).
- Authorization Number (required for Pre-Authorization Completions): This box only appears if the Pre-Authorization Completion transaction type is selected. Enter the authorization number from the Pre-Authorization transaction in this box. Note: For two stage transactions (pre-auth/completion), the reference number utilized at the time of Pre-Authorization will automatically be attached to the Pre-Authorization Completion if the Pre-Authorization Completion is performed in the Transaction section.
- Reference Number (optional): Typically, the reference number field is the purchase order number or unique sequence value associated to a given transaction. This will display on the Customer Transaction Record (CTR) and in the transaction details in the Transaction Section. The following characters will be stripped from the reference fields: ; ` " / % as well as -- (2 consecutive dashes).
- Customer Reference Number: This is another internal reference (but not displayed on the CTR or in transaction detail).
- AVS (Address Verification String): This is used for the AVS system. This checks cardholder addresses against records at the credit card companies and rates the level of match, depending on how you setup your AVS filters. Note: You cannot enter more than 29 characters. If exceeded, drop the street address information and make sure zip code is complete. For nine digit zip codes drop the dash.
- Override Terminal Type: This dropdown box allows the use of a terminal type, other than the default terminal, on a case-by-case basis. For example, if your default terminal is set to MOTO but you need to run a card swiped transaction, you can override the terminal to “Retail” for that one transaction.
- Process Transaction: When all information is entered, click “Process Transaction”. When the transaction has been authorized you will receive a CTR response. Note: The Customer Transaction Record (CTR) is a receipt that will pop up after the transaction has been processed. You can print and e-mail this receipt.
Additional Data – Level 2 & 3 Data
To enable Level 2 & 3 Data in RPM, follow these steps:
- Select the Administration Tab
- Select Terminals
- Click on your Terminal
- On the Details tab, chose one of the options for level 2 & 3 data (screenshot below)
5. Click “Update”
If Level 2 & 3 data is enabled on the terminal you are using, additional fields will be available for the entry of the information. See the screenshots below.
All fields are REQUIRED when submitting Level III transactions, failure to submit a proper field value COULD result in a possible reject and reversal during settlement.
MasterCard/Visa/American Express Level II required fields
MasterCard Level III required fields
Visa Level III required fields
American Express Level III required fields
Using a Card Reader in POS
Using a USB swipe device or card reader in the POS does not necessitate any software installation other than the device drivers, which are typically installed automatically. To use a card reader within the Exact Pay Gateway you must have a retail terminal setup.
To run a swiped transaction from RPM, follow these steps:
- Select the POS Tab
- Select the appropriate Retail merchant and Terminal from the dropdown boxes
- Select Purchase from the “Transaction Type” dropdown box
- Enter the amount of the purchase
- Put your curser in either the Card Holder’s Name or Credit Card Number field and then swipe the card. Note: If you do not put the cursor in one of these fields then you will get an error message.
- After you swipe the card, the card holder information will populate. You can then enter reference numbers manually (optional).
- Click on “Process Transaction” to complete the sale.
Certified Card Reader and Printer
These are currently the ONLY card swipe device and receipt printer certified to work with Exact Payments. Additional devices may be operational, but are used at a merchant’s discretion.
MagTek USB Mini Swipe Reader
- Mini Swipe Card Reader - Wedge - Track 2
- Mini Swipe Card Reader - Wedge - Tracks 1,2
Note: the Mini Swipe Card Reader - Wedge - Tracks 1,2,3 is not supported. If you have this version of the swipe reader, reach out to MagTek to see if they can remove the track 3 functionality in order to be compatible.